with Sweet Potato Topping
October 23, 2020
Let’s hop into fall with this quick and easy but oh-so-delicious recipe! Love meatloaf and sweet potatoes but need to feed a crowd? Make this super cute yet simple dish for a quick dinner on-the-go or at home. It’s also customizable for your liking: change ground beef to ground chicken or turkey, and even change BBQ sauce to ketchup for something that fits your crowd.
BBQ MEATLOAF WITH
SWEET POTATO TOPPING
1 ½ lbs ground beef
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion (minced)
3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
½ cup of BBQ sauce of choice
(sweet, spicy, or honey)
1 tsp dried thyme
½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 tbsp butter
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place ground beef in a medium bowl and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add onions and saute, stirring occasionally until they start to soften.
4. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
5. Add the onion and garlic back to the ground beef. Add BBQ sauce, salt, pepper and dried thyme. Combine and mix well.
6. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
7. Divide meat mixture between 12 spots of a muffin pan.
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink in the center.
9. While meat muffins are baking, steam sweet potatoes until tender, about 10-12 minutes, or microwave sweet potatoes until tender then puree sweet potatoes and butter in a food processor.
10. Scoop topping into a plastic bag and cut off one tip of the plastic bag. Pipe topping onto the meatloaves. Drizzle top with BBQ sauce and salt.
11. Let cool for a few minutes, then top with parsley if desired and it’s ready to serve! Enjoy!
Can be refrigerated up to seven days in an air-tight container.
Individual meatloafs may be frozen, but sweet potato topping will not hold in the freezer.